- Producer: MSD Animal Health
- Length: 65 cm
- Age: dogs older than 12 weeks
- Type: Tick & Flea Collar for Dogs
- The Scalibor® Protector Band provides up to 6 months protection against ticks that carry Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, Babesiosis, Anaplasmosis and Ehrlichiosis. Just one collar every six months provides year-round protection.
Scalibor works with the natural oils in your dog's skin to disperse small amounts of the active ingredient, deltamethrin, all over your dog's body.
As your dog moves and the band rubs against the coat, the gentle friction releases a small amount of the active ingredient from the surface of the band.
Within 2 to 3 weeks of continuous wear, your dog gets proven long-lasting tick protection. All blood feeding stages of ticks are killed—for up to 6 months of use!
Features and benefits
- Provides long-lasting protection against ticks (up to six months)
- Patented insecticide/acaricide release technology
- Kills ticks that may transmit serious diseases
- Easy to use – for better pet owner compliance
- Water resistant – can be worn when swimming
- Excellent toxicity profile – millions sold in Europe
- Active ingredient deltamethrin
- Kills all blood-feeding stages of ticks
1) Tighten band until two fingers can fit snugly under the band.
2) Buckle and check that it is secure.
3) Trim off excess, leaving 2 inches beyond the buckle.
4) Wash hands with soap and water.
5) Check fitting every 2-3 weeks—collar shouldn't be too tight or too loose.
Apply Scalibor Protector Band at least 10-14 days before expected exposure to fleas and ticks.
Wash your hands after handling collar.
Do not open protective pouch until ready to use.
Do not let children play with this collar.
Harmful if swallowed or absorbed through skin. Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, or clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling.
Do not use on puppies under 12 weeks. Consult a veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged, pregnant, medicated or nursing animals. Sensitivities may occur after using ANY pesticide products for pets. If signs of sensitivity occur, remove collar and bathe your pet with mild soap and rinse with large amounts of water. If signs continue, consult a veterinarian immediately.
This collar is intended for use only as an insecticide generator and is not to be taken internally by man or animals. Applying other pesticides on the dog may not be necessary while the collar is being worn.